Candle making is a very satisfying hobby. Neither is it too complicated, nor expensive. It promises endless hours of fun and is a relaxing craft activity for people of all ages. Since store-bought candles cost a fortune, DIY candles are also cost-effective.
Another benefit of homemade candles is that your customization options are almost endless. With a little creativity, you can make candles of different colors in various sizes and styles. However, you will need the right tools and supplies. And candle making kits are the best place to start.
DIY candle making kits contain all the necessary supplies to make candles. This all-in-one solution will save you time and is perfect when you do not know where to start.
So, if you are looking for the best candle making kit, check out our recommendations of the top 7 candle making kits available.
1. DIY Candle Making Kit Supplies by CraftZee
- Carries supplies to make four beautiful candles
- Includes 4 different dyes and fragrances
- Includes thermometer, boiling pot, candle tins, wicks, warning labels, and stirring sticks
- Easy to use and is suitable for beginners
- Scents and colors are pleasant
- Good-quality, eco-friendly, non-toxic materials
- Enough leftovers to make a few extra candles
- Is only suitable for container candles
- Instructions are not clear
- CraftZee does not sell the same fragrances separately
CraftZee’s complete candle making kit is an excellent choice when you are new to candle making. It has everything you need to get crafty. The supplies are pre-measured. Also, the candle making process is straightforward and simple. So, even young children can use the kit with minimum supervision.
This kit uses soy flakes which are non-toxic and safe. It also comes with a boiling pot and thermometer for accurate measurement of temperature. The wicks in the kit are sturdy while the wax is moist and glossy.
The only downside to the CraftZee candle making kit is the lack of proper instructions. Although the instruction sheet properly outlines the procedure, it does not specify the quantities. Using an entire color block and fragrance bottle for a candle can make it too strong and dark. So, there is a learning curve to decide exactly what quantity will yield the best results.
The soy wax in this kit is only suitable for container candles. It is not sturdy enough for pillar candles.
When using this kit, you will most likely have enough supplies for more than just four gift-quality candles. However, fragrances are not available separately. So, you will have to find another fragrance oil kit for making more scented candles.
2. Soy Candle Making Kit for Adults by DIY Gift Kits
- Contains 49 different components to make soy candles of various sizes
- Comes with two color blocks—orange and burgundy
- Has three scents—lavender, lemongrass, cedarwood
- Good quality stickers and labels included
- Firm soy wax is suitable for pillar candles
- Pleasant, natural smell
- Plenty of containers and supplies to make different types of candles
- Stickers are neat and of high-quality
- Comes with clear instructions
- Limited colors
- Does not set neatly
- Thermometer not included in the kit
DIY Gift Kits soy candle is the right choice when you want many good-quality candles. It has a wide range of supplies for making a variety of candles. The soy flakes are eco-friendly, non-toxic, and suitable for sensitive skin.
This kit is a good choice for candles as gifts or personal use. The colors are intense and attractive. The scents are pleasant. The resulting candles have an aromatic freshness. The colors are not tacky. The sticker labels in the pack have excellent finish and look beautiful on the containers.
Soy wax can usually be used only for container candles. However, the DIY Gift Kits soy candles use a firmer type of soy. Hence, it is also suitable for pillar candles.
The kit does not have a thermometer. Nonetheless, it is dispensable as the preparation process is simple. The instructions outline the process in detail, and there is no scope for confusion. The only disadvantage of this kit is that the candles can end up looking patchy and unfinished if the wax does not set well.
We highly recommend DIY Gift kits soy candles if you make candles often. The ample equipment and supplies will last a long time. With this kit, you can get creative and experiment with a variety of options.
3. Nature’s Blossom Candle Making Supplies Kit
- Candle making kit with 1.5 pounds of natural soy
- Suitable for making three large candles
- Includes three scents—lavender, lemon, chamomile
- Natural soy wax flakes that are pre-portioned for easy use
- Lead-free cotton wicks
- Good quality labels and packaging
- Thorough and clear candle making instructions
- Sturdy melting pot
- Candles look luxurious and high-end
- The fragrance is barely discernible when burning
- No dyes included
Whether you are entirely new to candle making or a seasoned expert in this craft, Nature’s Blossom kit will impress you. Beginners will benefit from the supplies being pre-portioned as it eliminates the need for precise measurements. Additionally, the process does not involve any confusing or complicated steps.
You cannot go wrong with Nature’s Blossom candle making kit. The instructions are thorough and elaborate. Additionally, the contents are very forgiving. You will always end up with great-looking candles. The labels are equally attractive. They complement the high-end quality and impeccable finish of the candles.
However, this candle making kit does not have any color options. You must buy dyes separately or settle for its natural white color.
The candles you make with this kit will last for a long time. They are non-toxic and clean. The rest of the supplies, like the melting pot, are good quality. You can use it for more candle-making experiments in the future.
4. Easy to Make Colored Candle Soy Wax Kit by Dellabella
- 100% natural soy wax kit
- The kit includes reusable candle molds, carving tools, candle wicks, and a storage box
- Six color dyes—green, brown, orange, pink, blue, tiffany blue
- Four different scents
- Carving tools to make projects more fun and interesting
- Molds are reusable
- Has an impressive variety of colors and scents
- Sturdy stainless-steel melting pot with safe handle
- Spacious and convenient storage box
- Fragrances are subtle
The Dellabella candle making kit is suitable for candle making projects at any level. The kit has everything that a creative crafter would need to make fantastic candles.
Apart from the regular supplies found in most candle making kits, this product also has carving tools as a bonus item. You can use these tools to make unique candles with designer elements. The wide range of colors and scents are very attractive. There are enough supplies to mix and match and create beautiful candles with enticing fragrances. Additionally, the melting pot is sturdy and has been designed for maximum safety.
The soy flakes in the kit are eco-friendly and clean. They set neatly. Just follow the instructions with the candle making kit to easily make container candles with a soft and glossy finish. However, the soy wax in this kit is not suitable for pillar candles as it is too soft. It is only suitable for container candles.
The fragrances in the kit are very mild. The smells are barely discernible when the candles burn. If you prefer stronger scents, you may like to add other strong fragrances to the candles.
5. YINUO LIGHT Scented Candle Making Kit
- 100% natural beeswax
- Comes with six containers for candles
- Six colors and six scents included
- Includes stainless-steel melting pot and thermometer
- Stunning designs on the containers
- Plenty of variety of colors and fragrances
- Premium product quality
- Organic and eco-friendly candles
- Reusable containers
- Instructions are unclear
The Yinuo Light scented candle making kit is one-of-a-kind. The kit has everything needed to create beautiful candles. Every ingredient is of high quality. But the biggest attraction is the exquisite designer quality containers in this kit.
The kit contains six colors and scents for a variety of designs. The fragrances are subtle but pleasant. The kit is user-friendly and suitable for beginners. Use the Yinuo kit and nobody will ever believe that this is your first attempt at candle making.
The stylish container designs boast of bright and cheerful prints that are guaranteed to impress. After you burn the candles, you can continue to use these containers as décor items.
While most candle making kits use soy wax, Yinuo uses beeswax. Beeswax is also eco-friendly, organic, and safe.
While the product is flawless, the instructions with it are far from perfect. It does not specify the exact quantities of dye or scent. You will have to figure it out through trial and error. Nonetheless, the chances of making a mistake are small. Unless you are looking for a specific result, it will work just fine.
6. Candle Making Kit Supplies by JXXXN
- The complete starter kit contains 2lbs soy wax
- Has six dyes—green, red, blue, yellow, purple, powder
- Has four fragrances—lavender, peppermint, tea tree, and orange
- Supplies include six candle tins, 20 candle wicks, a thermometer, and a melting pot
- Six bow clips and eight warning labels are also present
- The kit has everything to get started with candle making
- Can be used to create a wide variety of candles of different colors and designs
- Easy to use even for beginners
- Candles look premium quality
- Excellent packaging
- Instructions do not specify the exact quantity of ingredients for each candle
JXXXN candle making kit contains all the supplies needed for candle making. It has an impressive variety of colors and scents that make this activity interesting and varied. The wax supplied in the kit is organic soy wax. It is eco-friendly and suitable for a variety of purposes.
The containers are in solid colors with good finishing. They are very attractive. The melting pot and thermometer in the kit are durable and reusable. It has enough wax to fill all the containers. You may even have leftover wax to make some more candles.
The scents in this kit are soothing and natural. There are enough dyes and scents to get through the whole batch of wax. However, the instruction sheet does not specify the quantities needed for the candles. If you are new to candle making, it can become very confusing. Nonetheless, the JXXXN candle making kit is a good choice for hassle-free DIY candle making.
7. Candle Making Kit Supplies by StorageMaid
- Contains 2lbs of soy wax flakes portioned into three separate bags
- Can be used to make four container candles
- Includes four fragrance oils
- Comes with wooden and metallic bow tie clips
- 16 wax colors included
- Finger protectors and candlewick positioners included
- An impressive variety of colors and fragrances
- Finger protectors make it easy and safe to use
- Detailed and thorough instructions
- Exact quantities are specified
- Candles are organic, high-quality, and beautiful
- Just enough wax for four candles
- Reordering option for individual items unavailable
If you are looking for the perfect candle making kit to prepare scented, slow-burning candles, choose Storage Maid. This kit is ideally suited for beginners and kids and contains everything needed to make candles.
Detailed instructions accompany the kit. Hence, there is no scope for confusion. As a bonus, the kit also includes finger protectors. It makes melting the wax much safer. The soy flakes are organic and 100% safe.
The variety of colors and fragrances in this kit deliver hours of relaxing and fun-filled creativity. It is a great gifting option for anyone crafty. The items in this kit are neatly arranged and will impress everyone.
Homemade candles are an excellent choice, whether it is to use at home or gift it to a dear one. DIY candle making kits offer the luxury of making candles for yourself or as gifts for special occasions with less effort. Indulge in this creative craft by choosing your favorite candle making kit from our list of recommendations. You will have a fantastic time getting creative with making all types of candles. And trust us, the results make you light up with pride!